Trinity United Church was created in 1953 by the union of the Greenhead, Lakeside, and Timberlea United Churches.
In Lakeside, the congregation had been meeting, first in homes and the old Army building, and then in a hall built on Greenhead Road. Worship was led by the laity and divinity students.
In Timberlea, the United and Baptists had been worshiping in St. Andrew's school, served by members of the congregation.
Fourteen families in Greenhead, who worshiped in Greenhead United Church, were sometimes joined for communion in the winter by the Lakeside congregation.
Amalgamation was prompted by the expansion of the Halifax watershed area through Greenhead. Church land was sold and property bought at the present site in Timberlea. A foundation was erected and the church moved.
Gradually, from 1953 to 1968, Trinity expanded its building and became part of the Glen Margaret Pastoral Charge. In 1987, we joined with St. James in Goodwood to form Crossroads Pastoral Charge.
In 2003, Trinity expanded its building again by adding a Sunday School wing, new washrooms, meeting spaces, and offices.
We invite you to grow along with us, to share in the adventure of faith as we journey forward together.